Мost of the people at risk of developing severe COVID-19 complications are those who are elderly, live with chronic conditions such as diabetes, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and heart disease.
Sneezing, coughing, and other close contact likely drives infection. Currently, there is no cure or vaccine for COVID-19.
Тhere are some simple preventive measures you can take to protect yourself from this strain:
- Regularly washing your hands and using alcohol-based sanitizers
- Covering your nose and mouth when you cough and sneeze
- Avoid consuming raw or undercooked animal products such as milk, meat, and eggs.
- Avoid close contact with people exhibiting symptoms such as fevers, coughs, sneezing, and difficulty breathing/
- Avoiding contact with live animals in areas where there have been cases of COVID-19
- If you present with any of these symptoms, connect with your medical provider immediately and share your recent travel history with them.